Government Ireland Scholarships for International Students Education 2024
Pursue your higher education in Ireland. Great news! The Government of Ireland Scholarships program is open right now. This post will provide a detailed explanation of the Government of Ireland Scholarships for International Students, including its advantages and a step-by-step guide for applying.
International students can apply for the Government of Ireland Scholarships 2024–2025, which is supported. This award is only available for graduate-level coursework. An annual stipend of €19,000, a contribution to fees (including non-EU fees) of no more than €5,750, and €3,250 in allowable direct research expenditures are provided under this fellowship.
An established national program administered by the Council and funded by the Department of Education and Skills is the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program. In the context of Irish studies, the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program stands out and enhances existing funding options for postgraduate study in the country.
Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral
Institution(s): Government of Ireland
Deadline: October 12, 2023 (opens in September)
Courses Offered: All disciplines can apply.
Program Period: 1- 2-year research masters, 3-4 year PhD program
Coverage of Scholarships
Benefits of the Government of Ireland Scholarships include the following for the recipient:
1. An annual stipend of €19,000.
2. A portion of the fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum, including non-EU fees.
3. Direct research costs up to €3,250 per annum are eligible.
Government Ireland Scholarships for International Students Education 2024 Requirements
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements to be considered for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarships offered by the Government of Ireland in All Disciplines:
1. Languages Needed: English
2. All nations worldwide are eligible.
3. A first-class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, is required of the applicant. If the applicant’s undergraduate examination results are unknown at the time of application, the Council may grant a temporary scholarship offer, provided that the applicant receives a first-class or upper second-class honors result for their bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. A master’s degree is required if the scholar does not hold a first-class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent. The final say on whether or not an application meets these requirements is made by the Council.
4. The applicant, including any strategic partner themes included in the program, cannot have had two prior unsuccessful applications accepted into the program.
5. The applicant needs to have been officially accepted by the relevant department or school and be a new student to the degree for which they are to receive support from the council.
6. Candidates for a research master’s scholarship are not permitted to hold or have held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship at this time.
7. Candidates for a Ph.D. scholarship must not be recipients of any other Council Postgraduate Scholarships, either past or present, save those that allow them to pursue a research master’s degree.
8. Candidates will be classified into one of two groups according to their domicile and nationality.
9. To qualify for category I, candidates must fulfill both of the following requirements: they must be citizens of either Switzerland or an EEA member state, OR they must have lived regularly in one of these countries for three of the five years before October 1st.
How Do I Apply for Scholarships from the Government of Ireland?
To be eligible for this scholarship, please take the following actions:
1. Create an online account by clicking this link, then fill out the relevant registration form when asked.
2. As instructed, fill out the relevant registration form. Click “submit” at the bottom of the registration page after you have entered all the necessary information. Your entered email address will instantly receive a confirmation email. This email serves as confirmation that your online system registration was successful, and it will provide you with a login and password.
3. After obtaining your username and password, use the provided login information to access the online system here.
4. The “home” screen below will appear after you log into the online system. Here, you can construct and update your application before the application deadline and submit it.
For more information, click here.