Planning to Study in Germany
Germany Overseas Consultants in Hyderabad
Speak with Study Abroad Expert
Study in Germany
Study in Germany Overseas Consultants in Hyderabad. Germans have pioneered many inventions which are used by people across the globe every day. Science and research have a long history and are now highly appreciated. Since opening its doors to immigrants in the 1960s, Germany has become a land of immigrants. Germany is a cosmopolitan and tolerant country.
Germany is becoming increasingly popular among students looking to study abroad, and with good reason! There are many fantastic benefits to studying in Germany. Most courses have no tuition fees, and students should be able to afford their living expenses. In other words, Germany is well-known for its cultural diversity, vibrant and energetic lifestyle, and internationally recognized degrees that guarantee good employability at a low cost of living. International students might receive a lot of help and will be made to feel welcome in this fascinating, varied country.
Why Study in Germany?
Study in Germany is synonymous with engineering and technical excellence, making it a top choice for STEM students. The country offers tuition-free or low-cost education at renowned universities. Its strong emphasis on research and development provides students with hands-on experience and valuable industry connections. Plus, Germany’s rich history and vibrant cities offer a dynamic cultural experience.
- No tuition fees in most universities while others have minimum tuition fees
- Highly skilled staff providing world-class teaching
- Choice of hundreds of academic courses
- Affordable living costs
- Students from around the world build cultural diversity
- Opportunity to learn German Language
- After completing your education, there will be numerous options to work in the country.
Intakes to Study in Germany
| Summer | April – July/August | December/January | A smaller intake season with fewer program options. Some universities may not offer a summer intake for all programs.
September/October – February/March
The primary intake season for studying in Germany. Most universities and programs have deadlines in July or August.
Education System to Study in Germany
The German education system is highly regarded for its rigorous academic standards and research-oriented approach. For international students seeking a master’s degree, Germany offers a wealth of opportunities in diverse fields of study.
Types of Universities
German universities are categorized into two main types:
Universitäten: These academic research institutes offer programs in a variety of fields, including science, humanities, and social sciences.
Fachhochschulen (Universities of Applied Sciences): These institutions emphasize practical applications and vocational training, often partnering with industries to provide students with hands-on learning experiences.
- Master’s Degree Programs
Master’s degree programs in Germany typically last two to four semesters, depending on the specific program and university. Admission requirements vary, but generally, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution and demonstrate proficiency in German or English.
- Bachelor’s Degrees
- Associate Degrees
- PhD, Advanced or Professional Degree
Admission/Eligibility Criteria to Study in Germany:
Application Process to Study in German Universities:
The application process to study in German universities can vary slightly depending on the level of study (undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral) and the specific university. However, here is a general description of the foreign student application process:
- Choose a Program and University
- Check Admission Requirements
- Language Proficiency
- Prepare Application Documents
- Gather all necessary documents, including:
- Completed application form
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates
- Proof of language proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter or statement of purpose
- Apply through uni-assist or directly to the university
- Pay Application Fees
- Accept Admission and Apply for Visa
Apply for the Student Visa:
Applying for a student visa in Germany is a crucial step in the process of studying there. Here’s a general guide on how to apply for a student visa:
- Gather Required Documents
- Schedule an Appointment
- Attend the Visa Interview
- Submit Application and Processing
- Receive Visa Decision
Documents Required for Student Visa Application:
The specific documents required for a student visa application for Germany may vary slightly depending on your country of origin and the German embassy or consulate you are applying to. However, here is a general list of documents commonly required for a German student visa:
- Valid Passport
- Visa Application Form
- Passport-Sized Photos
- Proof of Admission to a German University
- Proof of Financial Means
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Proof of Accommodation
- Transcript of Records and Certificates
- Language Proficiency Certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE)
- Visa Application Fee
- Travel Itinerary
- Biometric Data
Scholarships to Study in German for Universities:
Germany provides various scholarships, including government-funded options, to support international students. These scholarships promote research and academic excellence. Many universities to Study in Germany offer financial aid and grants to help cover tuition fees and living expenses, making it an attractive destination for students seeking financial support.
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for International Students
- DAAD Scholarships to Study in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance
Know more about German Scholarships for Indian Students
Expenditures to Study in Germany:
Studying in Germany can be an enriching experience, offering high-quality education, a vibrant cultural landscape, and affordable living costs compared to many other European countries. However, it’s important to factor in the various expenditures involved in studying in Germany to plan your finances effectively.
Here’s a breakdown of estimated monthly expenses for international students in Germany:
Health insurance: €50-€100
Textbooks and study materials: €50-€100
Personal expenses: €200-€400
Total monthly expenses: €750-€1,230