The University of Cambridge, established in 1209, is a renowned public research institution located in Cambridge, England. According to the 2024 QS World University Ranking, it holds the second position globally. With an extensive range of academic offerings, the university provides 30 undergraduate courses and over 300 postgraduate programs covering 31 different disciplines. Admissions are highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of just 23%.
Boasting a diverse student body, the University of Cambridge attracts learners from 141 countries, amounting to a total enrollment of 20,385 students. International students can expect to pay annual fees ranging from 23,607-64,000 GBP (equivalent to INR 24,22,694-65,68,069).
To qualify for admission to the university’s master’s programs, candidates are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Furthermore, international applicants need to achieve an IELTS score of 7.5 or meet the TOEFL requirements of 110 to be eligible for the University of Cambridge courses.
Upon completion of their studies, arts graduates from the University of Cambridge can anticipate an average salary package of 38,674 GBP (equivalent to INR 39,71,478). This reflects the university’s commitment to providing valuable education and fostering successful career paths for its graduates.
Why Choose the University of Cambridge?
There are several compelling reasons to choose the University of Cambridge:
1. QS – World University Ranking 2024: The University of Cambridge is ranked #2 according to the QS World University Ranking 2024. This position reflects the university’s unparalleled academic excellence, making it a highly reputable institution for higher education.
2. Strong ROI: Graduates from the University of Cambridge consistently enjoy a high return on investment. The average salary package for Cambridge graduates is 38,674 GBP (INR 39,71,478), demonstrating the university’s commitment to providing valuable education and preparing students for successful careers.
3. Scholarships: The University of Cambridge offers a wide range of scholarships, including the Cambridge Trust Scholarship and the Cambridge International Scholarship. These scholarships provide financial support to students, assisting them in covering the costs of living and studying in the United Kingdom.
4. Diverse Placement Opportunities: Graduates from the University of Cambridge have access to an extensive array of placement opportunities. Renowned companies, such as McKinsey & Company, Amazon, and Citi, frequently recruit University of Cambridge graduates. This demonstrates the university’s strong industry connections and the value placed on its qualifications.
5. Varied Career Paths: Graduating from the University of Cambridge opens up numerous career opportunities. Students can pursue roles such as Chief Operating Officer, Accounts Assistant, Data Scientist, Research Coordinator, and more. The university’s rigorous academic programs, coupled with its emphasis on practical skills, prepare students to excel across various industries.
Choosing the University of Cambridge provides a pathway to a world-class education, a strong return on investment, financial support through scholarships, diverse placement opportunities, and a spectrum of career prospects. These factors collectively contribute to making the University of Cambridge an excellent choice for ambitious and academically driven individuals
Rankings of the University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is consistently recognized as one of the top universities in UK for international students, according to various reputable agencies.
QS – World University Ranking 2024
Graduate Employability Ranking 2024
QS WUR Ranking By Subject 2024
Times Higher Education University Ranking 2023
The Guardian – University Rankings 2023
The University of Cambridge Admission Rate
The admission process at the University of Cambridge for the year 2023 is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of 23%. This renowned UK institution offers a wide range of courses for students to pursue their academic goals. Let us take a deeper look at the enrollment statistics:
Total Enrollment: The University of Cambridge has a total enrollment of 20,385 students.
Undergraduate Students: There are 3,465 undergraduate students studying at Cambridge, embracing the opportunity to gain knowledge and excel in their chosen fields.
Graduate Students: Cambridge has a vibrant community of 2,785 graduate students who are immersed in advanced studies and research to further their educational journey.
Doctoral Students: The university provides a supportive environment for 1,145 doctoral students as they pursue their research and contribute to their respective fields.
International Students: At Cambridge, there is a diverse and multicultural atmosphere with 7,925 international students from various countries, enriching the campus community with their unique perspectives.
These statistics highlight the popularity and desirability of studying at the University of Cambridge. The institution’s selective admission process ensures that it attracts the brightest and most talented students from around the world. Joining the Cambridge community means being part of a prestigious academic institution committed to excellence in education and research.
Courses and Fees at the University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge provides a wide array of educational opportunities with its diverse selection of 30 undergraduate courses and 300 postgraduate programs across 31 different disciplines. In addition to the traditional on-campus courses, the university also offers a variety of free online courses that can be accessed by anyone interested. For those seeking a flexible option, the University of Cambridge provides an online MBA program as well.
When it comes to the cost of pursuing a master’s degree at the University of Cambridge, Indian students can expect to pay between 23,607 GBP and 64,000 GBP, which amounts to approximately INR 24,22,694 and 65,68,069 respectively. It’s important to note that the fees may vary depending on the specific program and other factors.
Annual Tuition Fees
23,607-32,214 GBP (INR 24,22,694-33,05,997)
32,214-40,000 GBP (INR 33,05,997- 41,05,054)
30,339-39,708 GBP (INR 31,13,159-40,74,535)
64,000 GBP(INR 65,68,069)
28,401- 35,673 GBP (INR 29,14,510-36,60,762)
The University of Cambridge Admission Process
Prospective applicants to the University of Cambridge should familiarise themselves with the necessary prerequisites for admission. Candidates need to review the application fees and admission criteria for both undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs. Below, you will find a comprehensive outline of the admission requirements and application fees for UG and PG programs at the University of Cambridge.
University of Cambridge Application fees:
For undergraduate applications, the University of Cambridge charges a fee of 60 GBP, which is approximately INR 6,188.
For graduate applications, the University of Cambridge charges a fee of 75 GBP, which is approximately INR 7,735.
Admission requirements for undergraduate programs at the University of Cambridge include the following criteria:
A minimum score of 90% in CISCE and NIOS.
An A1 grade in CBSE.
A 95% or higher in the State Board Exam.
An IELTS Academic score of 7.5.
A TOEFL score (IBT) of 110.
A C2 Proficiency score of 200.
A C1 Advanced score of 193.
3. Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose (SOP): Applicants are required to submit a personal statement or SOP, which highlights their academic goals, interests, and achievements.
4. Letters of Recommendation (LOR): Applicants must provide letters of recommendation from teachers or professionals who can attest to their qualities and abilities.
5. Passport: A valid passport is required for international applicants.
6. UK Student Visa: Successfully obtaining a UK student visa is necessary to study and reside in the United Kingdom.
Contact our Expert Guide to ace your IELTS, GRE, AND GMAT EXAMS!
Please note that the information provided above is subject to change and it’s always recommended to refer to the official University of Cambridge website for the most up-to-date and accurate admission requirements.
Postgraduate admission requirements at the University of Cambridge are outlined as follows:
1. A minimum score of 70% in a Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. Academic transcripts should be submitted.
3. If your transcripts are in a language other than English, they must be translated into
5. For the TOEFL exam, a minimum IBT score of 100 or a PBT score of 600 is necessary.
6. A C2 Proficiency score of 200 or a C1 Advanced score of 193 is required.
7. A Statement of Purpose (SOP) or Personal Statement should be included.
8. It is necessary to provide Letters of Recommendation (LOR).
9. Interviews may be required for certain courses.
10. Students outside of the UK will need to obtain a valid UK Student Visa.
Please note that these requirements may vary for different courses and it is advisable to visit the official University of Cambridge website for precise and up-to-date information regarding the admission process.
Placements at the University of Cambridge
Graduates who complete their MS or MBA at the University of Cambridge in UK have excellent job prospects. The University of Cambridge is known for its exceptional education and provides numerous job opportunities for its students. Upon graduation, individuals receive attractive salary packages, with an average annual income of 38,674 GBP (INR 39,71,478) for University of Cambridge graduates. The high-quality education and skill development provided by the university make its graduates highly sought after by employers.
Furthermore, 94% of MBA graduates from the University of Cambridge receive multiple job offers within just three months after completing their degree. This impressive statistic reflects the strong demand for Cambridge MBA graduates in the job market. These graduates enjoy a competitive average base salary for their placements, which amounts to around 75,198 GBP (INR 77,68,974).
The University of Cambridge has established strong connections with top companies, leading to excellent placement opportunities for its MBA graduates. Some of the renowned companies that have recruited Cambridge MBA graduates include:
2. Bain & Company And many more
These companies are known for their global presence and provide exciting career prospects for University of Cambridge graduates. They recognize the value and expertise that comes with a Cambridge education, making them eager to hire MBA graduates from the university.
Pursuing an MS or MBA at the University of Cambridge opens doors to a wide range of job opportunities in UK. Graduates from the university receive attractive salaries, with MBA graduates benefitting from multiple job offers within a short period. The strong industry connections of the university enable its graduates to secure positions at top companies in UK.
Faq for University of Cambridge
1. What is the typical waiting period for a UK university to respond to my application for the January intake?
Universities usually provide a response, which may include a decision or an
interview invitation. In most cases, this feedback is given within a few weeks of receiving your application. However, the process may take longer in other cases.. The duration largely depends on the number of applications that admissions tutors are reviewing.
2. Cambridge University does not have a specific age limit for admission.
While most undergraduates are 18 years or older when they begin their studies, there is no strict age requirement. If you will be over 21 years old when starting your course, you are considered a mature student.
Triospace Overseas was established to recruit aspiring students to various universities and colleges overseas. We provide high-quality immigration services using our expertise and knowledge. Triospace Overseas is the best study abroad consultants in Hyderabad.